The Home Instruction Program in the Paradise Valley Unified School District offers an educational program for students who have needs that result in their instruction being delivered in their home environment.
The Home Instruction Program provides highly qualified teachers who work with families so that students are able to continue with their quality education. The delivery of curriculum and instruction for students may include a visiting teacher, online courses, or a combination of both.
The Paradise Valley Unified School District Governing Board Policy and Arizona Revised Statutes govern the regulations for home instruction. The home instruction staff works closely with the student’s home school to ensure a personalized learning environment that accommodates the needs of the individual.
- PVOnline teachers will monitor student activity throughout the course and will maintain consistent communication with students about their progress.
- Grades for PVOnline are considered progress grades until a final grade is posted in Infinite Campus.
- Grading policies are detailed in the syllabus for each course.
- Students may check their grades at anytime through the gradebook link in each course. An explanation of how to interpret the gradebook is in the Orientation course.
- Final grades for students are available through Infinite Campus.
- Student progress reports will be posted monthly in Infinite Campus.
- The teacher is available for any questions or concerns about student progress.